Coldwater Animal Hospital

Health & Travel Certificates

When crossing state borders, your pet might require a travel certificate. For air travel, most responsible airlines will not allow pets to board if they have not received a travel certificate from an accredited veterinarian within ten days of the flight.

Traveling With Your Pet?

A health certificate is an official document issued by a federal, state, or an accredited veterinarian certifying that the traveling animal has been inspected and found to satisfy the regulations pertaining to their intended destination - within the same state or between states.

These requirements are to help ensure the animal meets the physical health criteria for their own safe travels, but also to ensure that the animal being moved does not carry illnesses or parasites that would be harmful to the people or animals that are in the destination area. This process may vary from simple to complex, depending on the requirements of the destination.

At Coldwater Animal Hospital we provide travel certificates for state-to-state travel and flying within the USA only. Call us at 585-247-7200 for more information.

Join the Coldwater Animal Hospital Family Today!

Phone: 585-247-7200

  • Monday:
  • Tuesday:
  • Wednesday:
  • Thursday:
  • Friday:
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday:

Monday - Thursday:
8AM - 8PM (surgery drop off is 7:15AM - 8AM)